Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2009 NATS Intern Program for Young Teachers of Singing



Cynthia Vaughn reminded me this week that The National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) is currently accepting application for their NATS intern program.


"The NATS Intern Program is an exciting and innovative venture that seeks to pair experienced and recognized master teachers of voice with talented young members of NATS. Within a format designed to promote the dynamic exchange of ideas and techniques, the goal is to improve substantially the studio teaching skills of these promising young teachers."
When? June 9-19, 2009
Where? Shorter College, Rome, GA
How to apply? APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE NATS EXECUTIVE OFFICE BEFORE DECEMBER 15, 2008

Get the application here.

I would love to hear from former NATS Interns - what was your experience like and how has it changed your teaching?
September 1 update: As of March last year, I was the first alternate for this program but told that I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to attend. Then on June 8 (the day before it started), I got a call that someone had to pull out at the last minute and could I attend? Alas, I was unable to get on a flight to Georgia that night(is there a song in that?) ...just goes to show you that YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!

No comments:

From the voice of....