Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Spring Wedding...Cenerentola at COC

While I am really excited about seeing the upcoming production of COC's Ariadne auf Naxos, I have to admit that La Cenerentola is starting to get the spring juices flowing!  After hearing a lot about tenor Lawrence Brownlee these past weeks, I have to say that here is a tenor that I want to hear live for just his sheer vocal abilities!  Have a listen to his La fille du regiment aria:






Of course it wouldn't be COC without out Canucks on stage - we get to hear one of my favourite baritones Brett Polegato as Dandini - a role he has sung a number of times and a big shift from his recent Wozzeck at the Bolshoi Theatre!

Check out the rest of the cast and crew, production details and ticket information at their website!

La Cenerentola opens at the Four Seasons on Saturday, April 23 @ 7:30 pm.

No comments:

From the voice of....